March 3rd, 2011
Wouldn’t you believe it, it’s nearly springtime! The spring months, however, bring an increase in outdoor activities and a greater chance of kids damaging their precious mouths and pearly whites. If you play sports, it's important that you consult Dr. Warshawsky and Dr. Kristofor for special precautions, such as wearing a mouth guard. A protective mouth guard is advised for playing spring sports such as baseball, soccer, lacrosse and others. Be sure, however, to avoid mouth guards that custom form to your teeth as these will resist any tooth movements we are trying to achieve.
In case of any accident involving the face, check your mouth and the appliances immediately. If teeth are loosened or the appliances damaged, please schedule an appointment with Get It Straight Orthodontics. And don’t forget to ask us—Dr. Warshawsky and Dr. Kristofor will provide a mouth guard for any patient in active treatment.
Only by using a mouth guard and other forms of facial protection can kids with and without braces avoid serious sports injuries. Please give us a call if you have any questions about mouth guards or your treatment at Get It Straight Orthodontics.
February 25th, 2011
Dr. Neil and Dr. Kristofor and team understand not everyone enjoys visiting their orthodontist. But we strive to bring you the best and most comforting experience at each visit. We’d like to know: What is it about Get It Straight Orthodontics that makes you comfortable or puts you at ease? Is it something about our pleasant office environment? Our friendly staff or Dr. Neil and Dr. Kristofor?
Let us know by posting here or by giving us a call!
February 16th, 2011
Everyone loves fun facts. Fun, fun, fun! The American Association of Orthodontists, or AAO, has come up with some fun facts about orthodontics that our team at Get It Straight Orthodontics thought you might enjoy.
- There are nearly 4 million people in orthodontic treatment throughout the United States. Three out of four are younger than 18.
- The first mechanical treatment for correcting irregular teeth was suggested by Gaius Plinius Secundus (A.D 23-79).The American Association of Orthodontists is comprised of more than 12,000 members in the United States, Canada and abroad.
- The time required to complete orthodontic treatment ranges from 12 to 36 months depending on the nature and severity of the problem.
- Of the 160,000 dentists in the United States and Canada, 8,000 are practicing orthodontists.
- The cement that attaches the braces to the teeth is now made with a special fluoride-releasing substance.
- Wires activated by body heat used in today's braces originally were developed by NASA for use in the space program.
- In addition to alleviating or preventing physical health problems, orthodontics can boost self-esteem as treatment aligns teeth, jaws and lips.
- Famous orthodontic patients include: Dr. Joyce Brothers, Hale Irwin, Cher, Diana Ross, Phyllis Diller, Chelsea Clinton, Whoopi Goldberg, Daisy Fuentes and Brandi.
February 10th, 2011
At Get It Straight Orthodontics, we embrace new technology, whether it is through the innovative orthodontic treatments that we offer, our high-tech web site and social networks, or our modern offices conveniently located in Illinois.
Did you know that patients at our office have access to their account 24 hours a day, seven days a week—all through our website? You can look up your appointments and all of your account details at your convenience, from the comfort of your own home! And, because we know folks sometimes forget, you can even receive appointment reminders through email or text messages!
You can sign up for this convenient service on our website by clicking on the "Patient Login" button on our homepage. Please give us a call if you have any questions about getting started!